Rejuvenation, illumination, inspiration. Motivation, education, celebration. It’s Get-Higher 5776: High Holidays, Mishkan-style. Tell your parents to come to your shul this year.
Builder Boarding Passes: $20 per holiday, $36 for both holidays.
General Boarding Passes: $48 per holiday, $80 for both holidays.
If you want to become a Builder– highly encouraged for your spirit and our sustainability- click here to learn what it’s about (and get a FREE Boarding Pass if you become a Builder before August 11th).
• • •
• • •
Things you can do to get in the spirit of the holiday:
• Meet Mishkan’s e-goat, our very own eScapegoat, a very cute animated goat who will carry your sins off into an animated desert. Click here to meet the goat and submit your confession (no halakhic atonement actually effected 😉 ). You can scroll down to the bottom to avoid watching the video again if you want to submit multiple times.
• Journal. Focus on the specific area of Teshuvah/repentance/return you’re looking to do work in over this season and pay attention to how you interact with the issue. Food, interpersonal dynamics, prayer, meditation, anger management, time management… start paying attention.
• Hear the shofar every day. Read and reflect on Psalm 27 every day. These are all tools for waking up the spirit.
• High Holiday Boot Camp, Tuesday Nights, Aug 18th + 25th, Sept 1st 6:30pm- 9:00pm The Space 4001 N. Ravenswood 403a
Take a whirlwind tour through both the superficial and the deep structure of the High Holiday liturgy to get into the head and heart-space of spiritual transformation. Contact Us to RSVP.
• Write the Book of Your Life, Wednesdays, Sept 2nd + 9th + 16th 7:00pm-9:00pm Anshe Emet Synagogue 3751 N. Broadway
Meditation & text learning to prepare your spirit for the High Holidays. Co-taught by Rabbi Lizzi Heydemann from Mishkan, Rabbi Michael Siegel from Anshe Emet & Dr/Rabbi Ruth Durchslag. Contact Us to RSVP.
• High Holiday Levites (volunteers), We Need You!
With over 1,500 people in attendance, we need hands and hearts dedicated to creating a safe, friendly, loving and supportive space for this year’s High Holidays. From set-up to registration to close-down, Sign up to Volunteer HERE!