Get to know us! Mishkan in under 4 minutes a pop…
Get Higher with Mishkan Chicago, our first video, 2012
Mishkan in the news
• Listen to Rabbi Lizzi discussing Post Denominational Judaism on WBEZ’s the Morning Shift, August 2015
•“Women Rabbis Are Forging A Path Outside Denominational Judaism,” features Mishkan in the Religion News Service, April, 2015
•“Out of the Box Spiritual Communities,” features Mishkan in the Chicago Sun-Times, December, 2014
• Women Rabbis Lead Innovative Spiritual Communities,” features Rabbi Lizzi and Mishkan in Jewish Telegraph Agency article, December 2014
• Rabbi Lizzi Heydemann’s Jewish Journey, featured in eJewishPhilanthropy.com, July 2014
• “Old Roots, New Branches: Jewish Spiritual Communities and the Rise of Alt-Labor,” by Amy Dean, featured in Tikkun, July, 2013.
Rabbi Lizzi featured among other nationwide innovative rabbis in Envisioning Communities: A Shma Roundtable, Sept. 2012
Articles by Rabbi Lizzi
• “Nurturing the Sparks,” Engagement of NextGen Jews in the 21st century, JUF/Oy!Chicago News May, 2014
• Judaism as mindfulness training, Parashat Vayetse, November 2014
• Elevating food through blessings in EatingRules. Judaism: Raw and Unprocessed, 2011
Download a copy of the Davening team’s first professionally recorded album: A Taste of Mishkan HERE.
High Holiday music and a delightful smattering of other stuff on Mishkan’s SoundCloud site
Listen to our Kabbalat Shabbat SoundCloud to get a sense of what we do on Friday nights.
Check out more and subscribe to our YouTube channel here.