Get to know us! Mishkan in under 4 minutes a pop…
Get Higher with Mishkan Chicago, our first video, 2012
Mishkan in the news
•7 Fast-Growing Independent Congregations Join Forces in New Group features Rabbi Lizzi in The Forward, February 2016
•“One size fits all? Not on this rabbi’s watch,” features Rabbi Lizzi in the New Jersey Jewish News, January 2016
• Listen to Rabbi Lizzi discussing Post Denominational Judaism on WBEZ’s the Morning Shift, August 2015
•“Women Rabbis Are Forging A Path Outside Denominational Judaism,” features Mishkan in the Religion News Service, April, 2015
•“Out of the Box Spiritual Communities,” features Mishkan in the Chicago Sun-Times, December, 2014
• Women Rabbis Lead Innovative Spiritual Communities,” features Rabbi Lizzi and Mishkan in Jewish Telegraph Agency article, December 2014
• Rabbi Lizzi Heydemann’s Jewish Journey, featured in eJewishPhilanthropy.com, July 2014
• “Old Roots, New Branches: Jewish Spiritual Communities and the Rise of Alt-Labor,” by Amy Dean, featured in Tikkun, July, 2013.
Rabbi Lizzi featured among other nationwide innovative rabbis in Envisioning Communities: A Shma Roundtable, Sept. 2012
Articles by Rabbi Lizzi
• “Nurturing the Sparks,” Engagement of NextGen Jews in the 21st century, JUF/Oy!Chicago News May, 2014
• Judaism as mindfulness training, Parashat Vayetse, November 2014
• Elevating food through blessings in EatingRules. Judaism: Raw and Unprocessed, 2011
Download a copy of the Davening team’s first professionally recorded album: A Taste of Mishkan HERE.
High Holiday music and a delightful smattering of other stuff on Mishkan’s SoundCloud site
Listen to our Kabbalat Shabbat SoundCloud to get a sense of what we do on Friday nights.
Check out more and subscribe to our YouTube channel here.