The Path to Opening
שהחיינו וקיימו והגיענו לזמן הזה
We bless the One Who has kept us alive, held us up, and brought us to this moment of reopening.
We can’t wait to gather in-person again!
The CDC has updated its recommendations (as of 4/27/21) and states that fully vaccinated individuals can safely participate in a number of indoor settings as long as they continue to wear masks, and that while vaccinated individuals can safely gather unmasked both inside and outdoors in small gatherings, for large outdoor gatherings everyone should still wear masks. For the time being, we will hold our events outdoors and require masks and distancing.
Per Chicago Phase IV industry-specific guidelines: houses of worship may have an unlimited number of people gather outdoors, so long as 6ft of physical distancing is maintained. As we get used to these new guidelines and experiment with different outdoor spaces, we will be limiting the capacity of our programs and will require pre-registration for our events including Shabbat.
In-Person Outdoor Programming and Shabbats
- Pre-registration required
- Full vaccination is strongly encouraged, but not required to attend.
- Masks required at all times
- 6 foot social distancing required between pods (individuals living in the same household)
- Capacity limits are set based on venue- these may change as we become more familiar with venues and their capacity with distancing
As of May 5, 2021