Any person regardless of background is welcome and invited to find meaning, inspiration and community at Mishkan.
One of our core values is radical inclusivity. The ancient Mishkan in the desert brought together the Israelites from across the spectrum of the community, and so do we: young, young-at-heart, total novices alongside people with different skills and abilities, LGBTQ Jews, people in interfaith relationships, Jews-by-Choice, from all denominational backgrounds, people who aren’t Jewish. We welcome interfaith families, interfaith couples, and people from all faith traditions. We do not draw distinctions between Jews, Jews-by-choice, or partners of different faith backgrounds.
- Partners from different faith traditions are always welcome to participate in rituals and holidays.
- We officiate weddings of interfaith couples.
- Parents from different faith traditions are welcome to fully participate in their child’s Jewish education.
- Parents from different faith traditions are invited to recite the blessings (aliyah) and read from the Torah at their child’s BMitzvah.
- We provide transliteration guides, explain ritual, and translate other “insider” language and terms.